Meet The Team
The team behind KC Financial Advisors is made up of qualified financial professionals who are passionate about helping individuals and families achieve their ideal retirements.
David A. DickensPresident, Chartered Financial Analyst
Five things you likely don’t know about David Dickens:
- Has completed 2 marathons (KC and Boston).
- Has made 2 Hole-in-one’s, both on the same hole 9 years apart.
- His middle name is Angus! (But he maintains a no-bull philosophy Re: the investment advice he gives).
- Has only bought one brand new car – ever! (he says they are not particularly good investments).
- Sings with a contemporary Christian group on Sunday evenings at a really large Methodist church in South Johnson County.
David has over 35 years of experience in the investment business, with expertise in bonds, stocks, mutual funds, fixed annuities and various asset-backed securities.
David recognizes the importance of implementing strategies to preserve his clients’ wealth. He avoids subjecting their assets to unnecessary risk, market volatility, excessive taxes and fees.
“We see too many people come through our doors who are investing like they are still in the wealth accumulation stage of life. They are exposing their hard-earned assets to risk levels that are totally unnecessary to meet their goals,” David said. “But it takes specialized knowledge to see that mistake and then to help someone fix it. The relationship that grows from fixing these situations is very gratifying!”
David previously served as president of two brokerage firms. The fee-based investment advisory service he built from the ground up in the credit union business grew to over $1 billion in assets under advisement. David has taught numerous investment workshops, including the day-long component of CUNA’s weeklong Investment Management School. He has written numerous articles about asset and liability management techniques and other investment-related topics.
David earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation in 1993 after years of rigorous testing on a range of investing disciplines. Additionally, he passed the Series 65 securities exam and earned a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
David has been married to his wife, Linda, for over 35 years. They have three adult daughters. He is an avid golfer and enjoys traveling with his wife and daughters. He is actively involved in his church, sponsoring a weekly mentoring group for high school men and singing in the contemporary worship choir.
Working with an advisor who is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) like David has unique advantages...find out why!
David G. CoxWealth Advisor
Five things you didn’t know about David Cox:
- Proud father of four sons (Daniel, Josiah, Sam, and Caleb) two daughters (Lydia and Grace) and he has two daughters-in-law (Emilie and Meredith). He also has three young grandchildren (Crosby, Willabee and Timothy).
- Weekly weekend dates with his bride, Ashley, are a priority.
- Has an intense fear of heights but still has jumped out of a perfectly good plane and gone skydiving, as well as bungee jumped off the tallest bungee jump bridge in the world near Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- Loves to travel and has been to Kenya, Uganda, China, South Africa, and Tibet on mission trips.
- Is a lifelong avid Royals, Chiefs, and Jayhawks fan (even though his wife and boss are graduates of Mizzou).
Since 2007, David has helped hundreds of Kansas City families establish sophisticated yet easy-to-understand solutions for protecting and preserving wealth while minimizing tax exposure.
David focuses on retirement planning and asset preservation and has built a reputation among clients as a problem solver who provides exceptional customer service. He has over 25 years invested in providing advice to local families.
David holds both master’s and bachelor’s degrees as well as life, accident and health insurance licenses in Kansas. He passed the Series 65 securities exam to become an Investment Advisor Representative. David has been recognized five times by KC Business magazine as a “FIVE STAR Wealth Manager: Best in Client Satisfaction℠.” This distinction is only awarded to wealth managers who have scored highest in client-based research conducted by a national, independent research company. A maximum of 7 percent of financial professionals in any market area receive this prestigious award.
David and his lovely wife, Ashley, live in Overland Park. David is a loyal Chiefs, Royals and Big 12 fan. He likes to travel and to enjoy various sports and games with his family.
Linda S. Dickens Estate Planning Attorney
Melody A. Collins Office Manager
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Mary Whitchurch Tax Services Professional, CPA
Marissa “Missy” Kaut Tax Services Associate
Ready to take
The Next Step?
For more information about any of the products and services listed here, schedule a meeting today or register to attend an event.