Different retirees have different needs, which is why everyone needs a customized financial plan. Discover whether these four financial values can help you create a value-based retirement plan.
(Click the featured times below to jump forward in the episode)
0:57 – Family
- Some value their family above everything and want their retirement planning to reflect that.
- David shares about a couple who has been successful and can now invest in family experiences and younger generations.
2:56 – Faith
- David shares a client story about someone who wanted his money to impact a ministry at his church for years to come.
4:14 – Career
- Some people value their careers and don’t see themselves retiring.
- A lot of clients can’t wait to retire, but David talks about a client who owns a business and wants to keep working but also loves to travel.
6:20 – Fun
- Whether it’s travel or golf or a different hobby altogether, some people like to focus on fun in their free time of retirement.
- David talks about a client whose wife has health issues and wants to leave the workforce early so they can travel sooner.